HOME

Sunday 3 April 2016

HLS April CAS Challenge

Hi everyone. Welcome to the HLS April CAS Challenge. Thanks to all that entered last month's Faux Mother of Pearl CAS Challenge. The winners will be announced on the 10th of April.

It has been one year since releasing our own line of stamps! Happy Birthday to us :) To celebrate, there will be lots of prizes just for entering our challenge plus lots of giveaways throughout the month. Make sure you are a follower of this blog so you don't miss out on a thing.


Here's this month's challenge 






What is up for grabs this month?
Our winner receives a $30 gift certificate to the shop!
Our Favourites each receive a $10 gift certficate to the shop!

With 4 monthly challenges that is a total of $320 to be given away - wooo hoooo!!

This is a great technique. And it also gives you another way to use your stencils. Basically you press ink onto your STENCIL, spritz with water and then press it onto your mixed media or watercolour card stock. The amount of water depends on the type of card stock you are using (less water for mixed media paper / more water for watercolour paper). It just takes a little bit of practice. You can use a variety inks for this ... distress inks, dye inks, watercolour sprays, distress paint. Lots of possibilities. Give it a try! :)


Please remember to keep your cards CAS ...


At Happy Little Stampers, CAS (clean and simple) is defined as

- one main focal point
- lots of open (no pattern) space
- minimal layers
- minimal embellishments



This month we are thrilled to have Sarah from Sazzle Dazzle Crafts as our Guest Designer. Welcome!

Here is our inspiration for you -

Sarah (Guest Designer)
(using HLS Butterfly Birthday)










Tutorials:
Stencil Monoprint using a Gelli Plate by Shery Russ (1:26)

HLS Products used by the Design Team

     Doodled Flowers - PREORDER


Come join in the fun and link up your Stencil Monoprint CAS cards below.



6 comments:

  1. Hi Ladies, lovely Dt cards with lots of inspiration. I've joined your challenge but may be border line on your rules. If I am then please delete me I'll understand. I will try to join again now I've found you with another card if I can. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for inviting me to guest design here this month. A brilliant technique, although new to me but love a challenge. A perfect gallery of inspiration from the DT here - simply WOW! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely technique, I'm sorry I misunderstood, please remove my contribution- number 5,
    regards Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a fun new challenge and for sharing your gorgeous creations with us too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ladies. You totally motivated me to use some of the monoprints I've created in my "waste not, want not" mode.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fell in love with these technique...I enter two times :)...hugs...Zeljka

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. Hopefully we have inspired you today! Happy Little Stampers xx

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.